Ad Widget

Calling All Coffee Lovers – What You Need to Know

Calling All Coffee Lovers – What You Need to Know About Coffee Beans

If you are a regular Java junkie, coffee beans are something that you depend upon on a daily basis. For that specific reason, it’s important to find out as much as you can about the beans that go into your daily delicious cup of Joe!

First of all, Java beans are not actually beans, but they are seeds that grow on the coffee tree. They will look red or purple, and they are called cherries or berries when they grow on the coffee tree. Once the cherry is opened, there will normally be two coffee beans inside. These Java beans are used to create a number of different Java beverages, including cappuccinos, lattes, and espresso. There are some specialty coffee cherries that come with only one coffee bean inside, which are called peaberries. These types of coffee beans are seen as rare and in demand since a coffee cherry will normally come with two beans.

The caffeine content within the coffee bean is found in the endosperm at .8% to 2.5%. The caffeine within the beans provides specific flavors within each coffee tree, especially since there are several species of coffee trees currently being cultivated. The differences in the flavors can be observed through each subspecies, directly based on the region that the coffee trees are grown in. Coffee is actually the second largest exported commodity worldwide, next to oil. The majority of Java that is exported is the Arabica variety at up to 75% worldwide. The other 25% accounts for the lesser quality type of Java beans called Robusta.

When coffee beans are processed, it prepares them to be used for brewing and drinking. Within this processing, the beans will be extracted from the coffee cherries, and the excess fruit is used as fertilizer or thrown away completely. The beans will then be cleaned, roasted, and prepared for packaging. If they are not sold as whole beans, they will be pre-ground to sell as ground coffee.

If you are wondering what the difference between espresso and coffee beans may be, it is in the roast type. Espresso beans are normally a darker roast, like an Italian Espresso or French roast. The type of espresso that you purchase depends directly upon the roaster’s recipe, which is often customized depending upon each manufacturer.

Java beans are also often flavored, which is a popular choice in the market today. This is where natural or artificial flavorings are added to coffee beans to make a number of flavor combinations, like Mint Chocolate Chip, Coconut Cream, or even Peppermint Patty. If you are looking for a premium flavored coffee, it is best to purchase Java beans that are flavored with natural oils to prevent any artificial chemicals or additives in your brew.

The bottom line is that Java beans are vital to a delicious cup of Joe, and it is always recommended to purchase whole beans that are not pre-ground for the freshest taste and flavor. This is truly the best way to enjoy your Java!

About the Author: admin

Kangdadang earned his Diploma degree from dr Otten Academy of Nursing, Bandung in 2002. 2010 He joined the accounting graduate program In economics faculty at The University of Kepulauan Riau. He received his Master of Science degree in Human Resource in 2013 from The University of Batam. While his work at local government, Kang Dadang also interest on IM, today he manage many blog and owner of Pesonaweb.com

You might like

%d bloggers like this: