Batik Paintings – Indian Art Form Since 2000 Years Ago
Do you know the art of Batik Paintings in India? It is a unique magic of wax and dye when they are combined on the cloth and this magic is well known as Batik Paintings.
The definition of Batik means writing with wax in Javanese and its main origin is in the island of Java that is situated in Indonesia.
However, India takes a lot of pride to have this unique art form but one need not forget that this art form got its fame after it arrived in the art schools of Shantiniketan which is situated in Calcutta.
It is really unique when one artist comes to know that wax resist technique is used in this creative art form.
Batik Paintings literally provide us with a lot of artistic freedom, and therefore, it makes it a choice of most of the artists.
There is a unique technique used in Batik Paintings, which is known as elementary technique which has been derived before thousands of years and can be easily traced to India, some sorts of Africa, middle eastern countries and various regions of Asia.
History of Batik Paintings exists since last 2000 years and is considered to be one of the oldest art forms that exists in India.
There are 3 simple steps involved in using Batik Painting as follows…
3. De-waxing, that is removing the wax.
There are also many other processes that are involved in the above 3 major steps as follows…
1. You need to first prepare the cloth.
2. Then trace the designs out there.
3. Then stretch the cloth over the frame.
4. Then wax the particular portion of the cloth where dyeing is not necessary.
5. Then get started with preparation of the dye.
6. Insert the cloth in the dye.
7. Then boil the cloth so that the wax is removed.
8. Then finally wash the cloth completely with soap.