5 Surprising Things to Do in and Around Jimbaran Beach in Bali
Jimbaran beach is one of the best beaches in Bali because it is kept immaculate clean and is one of the few Bali beaches where vendors are not allowed to sell you their kites or other tourist ware.
The beach starts just south of Ngurah Rai airport and extends 5 km all the way to the famous Four Season Resort and one of Bali’s important temples, Pura Ulun Siwi.
Travellers from all over the south of Bali come to Jimbaran beach to savour its famous sea food and watch the purple/orange colours when the sun sets but there is more to do then just eating seafood. Here are 5 and sometimes surprising things to do in Jimbaran:
1. Obviously visit Pura Ulun Siwi temple which was built in the 17th century by the Mengwi dynasty and which is now maintained by rice farmers to honour Dewi Sri, the Goddess of Rice and it is therefore the most important rice temple in Bali.
2. Visit Jenggala Keramik Bali on Jalan Uluwatu not far from Jimbaran Beach. This centre houses impressive pieces of ceramic and glassware and also gives plenty of information about its designers and houses various exhibitions. While taking the kids along you can drop them of at paint-a-pot where they can create their unique pot, saucer, plate, bowl mug or cup. Open from 9am-5pm daily.
3. For action types head for the Jimbaran Hills activity Valley, located between Jimbaran beach and Nusa Dua and here you can do some rock climbing, abseiling and even some jungle warfare led by Steve, an ex-Airbourne SF Officer. You can also improve your sharp shooting skills and loose yourself in war games.
4. Visit La Vie Spa just outside Jimbaran beach and get pampered by Balinese masseurs (female & male) who do not use any oils or creams but who will exceed your expectations with their popular 60-minutes Original Jimbaran Massage for US$20. You can find them at Jl.Kampus No.18L, Jimbaran or give them a call on tel: 0361 -9121133/9121144 Hours: 10:00 ~ 24:00, Open everyday
5. Try to join a surf safari in Jimbaran beach. The southern part of Bali is one of the best areas for surfing with Uluwatu being one of the most famous. For beginners and intermediate Jimbaran beach is ideal but also Balangan Beach and Padang Padang are great locations for learning how to surf. You can contact Padang Padang Surf Camp on 081 999 283549 / 081 319 412470 to arrange some excellent days out not far from Jimbaran.