Sanur is one of the oldest tourist villages on Bali island and has an excellent choice of Bali accommodations to choose from. That’s probably also the reason why so many older European travelers love to stay and come back to this fishing village on Bali’s east coast.
The streets of these resorts are lined with mature trees, well-trimmed gardens and all of them are located along the beach pavement which continues for at least 5 kilometers, ideal for those with strollers, wheelchairs and those with prams.
Here are 5 recommended Bali accommodations worth staying in which will probably make you a return traveler too.
1. The first one is called La Taverna, which is Balinese owned and is also one of the oldest hotels in Sanur. They have several types of accommodation to choose from but the best to stay at is the thatched bungalows.
Their beach front restaurant is a popular place to hang out set among lit candles and with tables on the beach. Around $61-82 US per night
2. Next in the line is called the Puri Santrian resort which has gorgeous gardens, pools, Balinese statues and an excellent ‘buy one, get one free’ spa policy. The best value for money are the rooms at the Santrian Club which includes American breakfast, free daily fruit platter, high tea with snacks and for those travelers who really want peace and quiet this is the place since kids are not allowed inside the Santrian Club. Around $140 US per night
3. One hotel has been copied throughout Bali and this one is called the Bali Hyatt. Their landscaped gardens and design can now be found among several resorts. It has a wonderful stretch of private beach, probably the best in Sanur, and has the availability of a huge garden. The Hyatt’s location is fantastic, right in the center of all the action. Around $114-145 US per night.
4. The Mercure resort is located in the south of the village and is an ideal hotel for families with young kids. There’s a kids club with several activities and their pools are also the ideal place to make friends. For parents there are enough sun loungers on the beach to enjoy some moments of rest. Around $82-114 US per night.
5. Villa Puri Ayu is the only one in this Bali accommodations list which is not located right at the beach but it will take you only 100 meters to get there. This hotel is one of the small scale Bali accommodations and has some lovely bungalows where you definitely get value for money. Around $41-49 US per night.