Diving resorts are very popular in Malaysia. There are several places here where one can enjoy scuba diving and other water sports activities. Here are ten of the best diving places in Malaysia:
1. Sabah – a place in Malaysia that has been very well known for its amazing waters and beautiful location. Here, divers can witness the startling hammerhead sharks, and whale sharks. Divers have been very amazed with Sabah’s features ideal for scuba diving.
2. Redang Kalong Resort – situated in the Redang Island, Malaysia and is an ideal place for scuba diving beginners for the resort offers scuba diving lessons and also for other sports like tennis, snorkeling, kayaking, board games and many others. The resort is also lined with a very attractive beach view so one can feel the stillness and peace which is a rare find in the city.
3. Tioman Island – a secluded and quiet place which is one of the most attractive islands on earth. Waters around the island is a perfect place for scuba diving with its beautiful collection of colorful marine life. Lots of unique and unusual marine creatures are to be seen in this amazing place that is one of the favorites of scuba divers.
4. Palau Perhentian Besar – a big island in the eastern coast of Malaysia and is an ideal place for scuba diving for the place has a rare collection of well preserved marine life and under water creatures. Divers can enjoy watching the colorful reefs that is pretty amazing in Palau Perhentian.
5. Palau Kapas – located in the mainland coast of the town of Marang in Malaysia. The place is ideal for non-diving tourists for beginners are always welcome to try scuba diving here. Palau Kapas is famous for its clear emerald waters and white sandy beaches. Marine life is also very lively too that one can enjoy watching them underwater.
6. Pulau Lang Tengah – a wonderful place for scuba diving with its underwater marine parks and having lots of unique and unusual underwater finds. The waters are very clear making the reefs very colorful and vibrant.
7. Palau Tengol – is a group of islands that is one of the best diving sites in the world. The underwater life here is very lively and colorful. Diving is very ideal during the months of April to June where in underwater life is very visible and the sharks can be very visibly seen.
8. Sipadan – located in the northeast of Borneo. This place is very renowned for its collection of many turtles. The whole beach island has a superb beauty making it not only a perfect diving site but a perfect getaway place as well.
9. Lankayan Island – located in the Sulu sea, in the northeastern part of Sabah. There are a total of 40 dive sites in Lankayan Island alone making it very well known to divers.
10. Mabul – located 25 minutes away from Sipadan Island. Mabul offers so many diving opportunities for divers that have a very large collection of coral reefs and other marine life.